Vegan Blueberry Lemon Loaf
This Vegan Blueberry Lemon Loaf is perfectly moist, flavorful but not too sweet and finished with a deliciously simple lemon glaze.
When spring comes I crave delicious bright and fresh flavors. This Vegan Blueberry Lemon Loaf does just that with vibrant and fresh real blueberries and lemon. Lightly sweetened with cane sugar, yogurt and the lemon glaze makes for a refreshing treat that is not overpoweringly sweet.
Enjoy this loaf with your morning coffee, for afternoon tea or an evening snack. Either way, you can’t go wrong.
Keep reading to learn more about how to assemble this recipe!
How to Make this Vegan Blueberry Lemon Loaf
As with most of my recipes, this one is pretty simple. The bake time is a bit longer than my typical recipes but it’s so worth it! What makes this loaf so moist is the vegan yogurt, this yogurt is almond based but you can use whichever you prefer but make sure it’s vanilla flavored. Simply combine the wet and the dry ingredients to make a thick batter, then fold in some fresh blueberries and lemon zest. This loaf bakes in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50-55 minutes. The glaze is done by whisking together vegan icing sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract. You must wait for the loaf to cool before applying the glaze so that it solidifies nicely.
If you have leftovers, store wrapped in plastic wrap or in an air tight container. If you are storing for longer than 1 day, place in the refrigerator.
Are you looking for more Dessert recipes? If so, Click Here!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Vegan Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- Bread Pan
- 2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Vegan Vanilla Flavored Yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup Dairy-free Milk room temperature
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil Melted
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 ea Lemon Zest
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup Vegan Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Begin by whisking together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium size mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl begin adding the wet ingredients starting with the yogurt, room temperature milk, lemon juice and melted coconut oil (the reason for the room temperature milk is to not solidify the coconut oil).
- Begin slowly adding the wet ingredients to the dry until a thick batter begins to form (batter should not be liquidly, if it is add more flour). Once well incorporated, fold in the fresh blueberries and lemon zest.
- Lightly oil a standard size bread pan, poor in the batter and distribute evenly. Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes checking regularly. When fully cooked, a toothpick should be inserted and come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Assemble the glaze by simply whisking together all the ingredients. Using a spoon, evenly distribute the glaze to the cooled loaf. Let sit for 10 minutes to solidify.
- Slice and serve alongside tea or coffee!