Easy Vegan French Toast
This Easy Vegan French Toast recipe is the BEST! It is easy to make right at home for the perfect Sunday breakfast or brunch.
French toast is a meal that has a special place in my heart. It is one of those meals that helps bring family and friends together. I have been missing that lately with the Covid pandemic, so I though I would bring myself a bit of comfort with a big stack of these delicious slices of heaven. Whatever your reason for wanting to enjoy some French toast, you will not be disappointed by this recipe, it’s SO simple yet SO Good! Better yet, it’s made in only 15 minutes.
By far the most important ingredient for the perfect French Toast is the bread. Choose a bread that you can slice think that has a bit of a crunch to the outside but a super soft inside. I used a thick baguette style bread from our grocery store bakery, it doesn’t have a hard crunch like regular baguettes and it is super soft, fluffy and airy on the inside. If you are having trouble finding a fresh bread you can also use regular sliced bread. Load up your French Toast with all the toppings such as:
Vegan Powdered Sugar
or even Vegan Whipped Cream!
How to Make Easy Vegan French Toast
The ingredients for the recipe are simple, they include:
Thick Cut Bread
Plant Milk (I prefer almond or oat)
It’s as easy as whisking together all the wash ingredients, dunking in the bread and searing both sides on a hot pan or skillet! I love knowing I can whip up this recipe anytime with the simple ingredients already in my pantry, and within minutes. This recipe surely is a WINNER!
Are you looking for even more breakfast recipes? If so, Click Here!
Did you try this recipe? If so, please let me know in the comments section what you thought, I love your feedback! Be sure to also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for updates on my latest recipes.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Easy Vegan French Toast
- 1 loaf Thick Cut Bread of your choice
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 2 tbsp Warm Water
- 1 cup Plant Milk
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon more to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Cane Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Sliced Banana
- Vegan Powdered Sugar
- In a small bowl combine flax seed and warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the flax egg mixture, plant milk, cinnamon, vanilla and cane sugar. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick pan or skillet to medium high heat. Dunk each slice of bread into the French toast mixture, ensuring both sides are well saturated but not soggy (approximately 2 seconds per side).
- Gently place the bread facedown on the skillet and let cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until the bottom begins to brown and crisp up. Serve immediately topped with your favorite fruit and maple syrup.