Vegan Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
Easy, Vegan Cheesy Cauliflower Soup is packed full of nutrients and flavor. Velvety smooth and made in less than one hour.
It’s officially the season of soups and stews. I love these types of meals because they are cheap, easy to make and full of good healthy sustenance. What makes this soup so amazing is it’s flavor. It’s packed full of onion, carrots, potatoes and cauliflower on top of garlic and nutritional yeast to help with that cheesy goodness.
Serve this soup as a main, lunch or as a starter dish, it’s delicious, creamy and filling.
How to Make this Cheesy Cauliflower Soup:
This soup is extremely easy to make, it only requires one large pot , a blender and a few simple steps.
BOIL: In a large pot or Dutch oven, boil chopped potatoes, carrots and cauliflower. Once soft, blend until smooth in a high powdered blender.
SAUTE AND SIMMER: Next, in that same pot, sauté the onion and garlic, add some vegetable broth and seasonings before transferring in the cauliflower puree. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
GARNISH AND SERVE: Remove from the heat and serve into individual bowls garnished with chives or parsley and your favorite seeds such as pumpkin or hemp. Serve alongside a toasted baguette!
Notes: If you don’t have a high speed blender, an emersion blender or food processor will also work for pureeing the vegetables.
If you don’t manage to eat this whole pot of soup, simply let cool completely and store in the refrigerator in and air tight container. Alternatively, you can also freeze it in an air tight container and on the day of, let it thaw in the refrigerator for several hours before reheating. You may wish to add a touch more broth as it may have slightly thickened.
Are you looking for more soup recipes? If so, CLICK HERE.
Did you try this Vegan Cheesy Cauliflower Soup?, if so, please let me know in the comments section what you thought. Also, follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for updates on my latest recipes!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Vegan Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- High-Speed Blender
- 4 large White Potatoes cubed
- 3 large Carrots cubed
- 1 head Cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 cup Water from boiling vegetables
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 4 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 3 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary finely crushed
- 1 ea Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt more to taste
- In a large pot, cover chopped potatoes and carrots with water and bring to a boil (making sure to add an extra 2 inches of water). Once al-dente, add cauliflower florets and cook until soft. Strain and blend in a high speed blender with 1 cup of water until smooth (this may need to be done in batches depending on the size of your blender). Set aside.
- In the same pot, heat oil, then add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the broth, seasonings (including the bay leaf), nutritional yeast, Dijon and lemon juice. Lower heat, bring it to a simmer and add vegetable puree. Combine well then turn the temperature down to the lowest setting. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference. Serve warm topped with fresh herbs alongside a toasted baguette.