Extra Fudgy Vegan Brownies
These really are the Best Ever- Extra Fudgy Vegan Brownies! Gooey, and stick to the roof of your mouth fudgy! Easy to make and Gluten-free!
By now, you have probably guessed that I am a sweets fiend! Baking is probably my favorite thing to do and I am absolutely OBSESSED with chocolate. Because of my obsession with sweets, I always experiment with ways to make them healthier but equally delicious.
After much experimentation, I have come up with this recipe and I have to say, it does not disappoint, no one could guess they are vegan! Made gluten-free by using almond meal instead of flour, there is also no butter in this recipe and minimal sugar compared to a lot of the brownie recipes out there. The fudgy-ness comes from a combination of almond butter and mashed sweet potato, the sweet potato also adds to the sweetness allowing for this recipe to contain less added sugar.
The end result are brownies with the perfect crust on top with a soft, thick and chocolatey center. These brownies are irresistible, you may want to make two batches because they get eaten up quick!
How to make these Extra Fudgy Vegan Brownies
There is nothing complicated about this recipe, simply combine all the dry ingredients before adding the wet mixture. Fold in some chocolate chips, then evenly distribute the batter on an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
I used the Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips for this recipe, they are my go-to vegan chocolate chips for baking. As mentioned above, there is almond butter in this recipe, if you have never purchased it before, you can find it in most health sections of the grocery store. As for the cocoa powder I used Dutch processed and organic but any normal cocoa powder will suffice.
Note: You can make your own almond meal by pulsing almonds in a food processor until it becomes fine (this saves on cost but can yield and grittier flour) I have used this method and it does not make much of a difference in the quality of the brownies.
Looking for even more Dessert recipes? If so, Click Here!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Extra Fudgy Vegan Brownies
- 8×8 Baking Dish
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup Mashed Sweet Potato
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips more to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin by pealing and chopping 1/2 a small-medium sweet potato into cubes. Place in a small pot and cover with water. Boil for approximately 7 minutes until soft. Drain and mash. This should yield approximately 1/2 cup of mashed sweet potatoes. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the cocoa powder, almond meal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond butter, mashed sweet potato, maple syrup and vanilla. Continue to mix until the majority of the lumps are gone.
- Add the sweet potato mixture to the dry ingredients and slowely stir in the almond milk until a batter is formed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and evenly distribute the batter into an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle on some extra chocolate chips (optional) and bake for 35-40 minutes, checking halfway through. The brownies should still be gooey on the inside but have some give on the outside.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 30 minutes. Using a large heavy knife, slice brownies into 9-12 individual squares and serve!