The Perfect Vegan Pancakes
The Perfect Vegan Pancakes have to be light with just the right amount of fluffiness and sweetness. Look no further, this will be your NEW go-to vegan pancake recipe!
Happy Friday! I have been so excited to share this recipe with you because I absolutely love bringing you a vegan twist on the classics. I also figured you may want an awesome pancake recipe for Saturday morning.
So, good news! You can still have mouth-watering pancakes without the dairy or eggs. I have been making this recipe all week, because I can’t get enough!
These pancakes are easy to make and you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry. They are made in 15 minutes so you can either enjoy these on a Saturday morning with the family or as a quick weekday breakfast.
There is a long debate between pancake lovers whether the perfect pancake is extremely fluffy of thin. This recipe will satisfy all, it’s not too flat but not too fluffy. Luckily, if you do love the super fluffy pancakes, simply modify the recipe by adding less plant milk and a touch more baking powder!
How do you Make The Perfect Vegan Pancakes?
This recipe makes approximately 6 pancakes and only requires 8 ingredients. The recipe also requires a vegan buttermilk, but don’t worry, it’s EXTREMLY simple to make. For the buttermilk simply combine your plant milk with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Let this mixture sit for a minimum of 5-minutes and done! Combine the dry ingredients with a mashed banana (egg substitute) then with the buttermilk mixture and a splash of vanilla. Mix well and cook to perfection on a non-stick skillet or pan.
Optional Pancake Toppings:
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Maple syrup
- Peanut butter
- Vegan whip cream
- Vegan butter
- Extra banana slices
Want these pancakes all week?!”
These pancakes can be frozen to be eaten at a later time. This makes for a quick and healthier breakfast option for yourself or kids on a busy weekday morning. Simply, let the pancakes cool before placing them in a freezer bag. Try to remove most of the air out of the bag so they won’t get freezer burnt, close it up then place them in the freezer. Once ready to eat take them out of the freezer and pop them directly into the toaster oven for a few minutes, top with some fruit and maple syrup and eat up!
Looking for more Breakfast Recipes? If so, Click Here!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
The Perfect Vegan Pancakes
- 1 ea Banana mashed
- 1 cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Cane Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Plant-Milk
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, stir to combine.
- In a small bowl add plant milk and apple cider vinegar and stir to combine. Let sit for five minutes.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana and pour in the wet mixture, add the vanilla extract and the dry ingredients. Whisk until a batter is formed.
- Using a ladle, pour approximately half a cup of batter onto a non stick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Once the pancakes start to bubble, flip the pancake and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings!