Vegan Mushroom Pulled “Pork”
This Vegan Mushroom Pulled “Pork” melts in your mouth. This is a fantastic healthier option, made in just 35-minutes. Saucy and tender, perfect to bring to gatherings to shock even the biggest meat eaters!
I strongly believe that everyone needs a good mock Pulled Pork recipe in their life and this is by far the easiest and most delicious. Normally I make this dish with jackfruit, but jackfruit is not for everyone. So, I decided to make another version. In this version, the “Meaty” shreds are a combination of baby king oyster mushrooms and carrots. Mushrooms pack in delicious flavors, and the carrots are added to create a similar texture while also giving the dish extra nutrients!
Switch this dish up with any kind of BBQ sauce you like such as Smoky or Sweet.
How to Make Vegan Mushroom Pulled “Pork”
This recipe is made in 35-minutes and contains only a few simple steps. First, simply use a fork to shred mushrooms and a grater to finely shred the carrots. In a large bowl mix together with a few seasonings, transfer into a baking dish and drizzle with a small amount of oil. Next, bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, then lather with you favorite Naturally Sweetened BBQ Sauce. Use this filling in a sandwich or make some Pulled “Pork” Tacos!
In this recipe I will also outline how to make a Vegan Coleslaw. Using a Creamy Tahini base. Similarly you can use Vegan Mayo, depending on your preference.
Note: To shred the mushrooms, run a fork along the length of the mushroom, turning it as you go, therefore creating even shreds.
Are you looking for even more Sandwich Recipes? If so Click here!
I love your feedback, so please let me know in the comments section what you thought!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Vegan Mushroom Pulled “Pork”
- 7 Baby King Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 cup Carrots Grated or Shredded
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup Naturally Sweetened Vegan BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 Vegan Hamburger or Ciabatta Buns
- 1/4 head Red Cabbage
- 1/4 head Green Cabbage
- 2 tbsp Tahini or Vegan Mayo
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 Degrees
- Using a fork, shred mushrooms by running a fork down lengthwise while turning the mushroom. Using a grater, finely shred carrots (2 large carrots creates approximately 1 cup)
- Place shredded mushrooms and carrots into a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly with oil and spices. Transfer into a baking dish and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, begin making the coleslaw by dicing up the cabbage and combining with the tahini or vegan mayo, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove pulled "pork" mixture from the oven and add BBQ sauce. Stir Well.
- Distribute pulled "pork" filling onto toasted buns and top with coleslaw.