Crispy Fried Tofu Teriyaki
This Crispy Fried Tofu Teriyaki is healthy, delicious and easy to make. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner that the whole family will love.
How to Make this Crispy Fried Tofu Teriyaki:
In this recipe I included rice, edamame beans, in addition to some sauteed carrots and mushrooms to pair with the Crispy Tofu. What’s wonderful about this recipe, is that you can switch this up. For example, alternatives that would work wonderfully with this dish could include rice noodles as a base, along with various different vegetables such as broccoli or bell peppers.
For this recipe, begin by simply pressing the liquid from the tofu, then slice it, and crisp it up on a pan with a small amount of oil. Next, lay it over a bed of rice alongside some sauteed vegetables with the teriyaki sauce drizzled on top. The Teriyaki sauce is made simply by adding the ingredients below to a saucepan and simmering for 7 minutes.
Are you looking for even more recipes? if so Click here for some more main dishes.
I love your feedback, so please let me know in the comments section what you thought!
- 1 Block Extra-Firm Tofu
- 2 Large Carrots
- 1 cup Brown or White Rice
- 5 Large Cremini Mushrooms
- 1 cup Frozen Edamame Beans
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1 cup Room Temperature Water
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Whole Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Agave
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup Cold Water
- Begin by pressing the liquid out of the tofu. This is done by wrapping it in a few layers of paper towel and then placing a heavy object on top, alternatively you can use a tofu press.
- Next begin to cook the rice according to package instructions, meanwhile, begin cutting the carrots into matchsticks and mushrooms into thin slices.
- The tofu and the vegetables take approximately the same time to cook, so begin at the same time. On one pan heat oil on medium heat a place the tofu to simmer approximately 5 minutes per side. After that, on the other pan heat a small amount of water on medium heat and add vegetables and edamame beans. Sauteed on medium-low until well done.
- While the tofu and vegetables are cooking, begin cooking the Teriyaki sauce. Do this by adding all the sauce ingredients except the cornstarch to a small saucepan and whisking well. Turn the temperature to medium-high until it begins to simmer. Next, add the cornstarch mixture, lower temperature to low and continue to whisk while the sauce thickens.
- Finally, begin plating by using the cooked rice as the base and sit the veggies and tofu on top. Most importantly, drizzle on a generous amount of the Teriyaki sauce and finish it off with some garnishes such as chives or green onion.