Oil-Free Crispy Potato Wedges
If your like me, you also love potatoes! I’m finding new ways to cook them all the time and this may be one of my favorites! Let me show you how to make Oil-Free Crispy Potato Wedges that are also delightfully soft on the inside.
How to Make Oil-Free Crispy Potato Wedges
The recipe begins by slicing the potatoes into wedges. Do this simply by cutting the potato in half first. Then, lay it flat side down and slice wedges diagonally approximately 3/4 of an inch thick. The thickness of the wedges can be your preference but the cook time will differ.
Next, blanch the wedges by bringing them to a boil in a large pot. Only boil for 5 minutes so they are slightly soft but not cooked all the way through. The next step is to season! This recipe uses garlic powder, paprika and salt but this can be customized to your preference. Simply, dry off the blanched potatoes and toss in a large bowl with your seasonings. Finally, pop them into the oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through.
Looking for more side dishes? Click here
I love your feedback, so please let me know in the comments section what you thought!
- 4-5 Medium Yellow Skin Potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon diced Chives (optional)
- Begin by pre-heating the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice potatoes into 3/4 inch wedges, then place in a large pot filled with water that just covers the potatoes.
- Next, bring the water to a boil and cook potatoes for 5 minutes until just slightly soft.
- Once the potatoes are done boiling, drain them off, next toss with the seasonings in a large bowl.
- Transfer the potatoes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure to evenly distribute so that they cook evenly.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Finally, remove from the oven, then add any additional garnishes.