Best Ever Vegan Banana Bread
The best ever Vegan Banana Bread is perfectly moist, sweet and super easy to make! Most times I am not too fond of some fruits in baking, however I do love bananas! They add something really special.
If you are like me, you grew up making banana bread with your parents. My family never had a set in stone way of making banana bread but it was always delicious! So, recently I set out to make a tried and true recipe. I wanted to make a recipe I could use for life, because it would be the best. And Vegan of course!
This recipe is not only delicious but also extremely easy to make. In addition, it uses less sugar and less oil than most banana bread recipes therefore, we can feel good about this one!
How to Make the Best Ever Vegan Banana Bread:
This recipe uses only one bowl, making cleaning up a breeze. Simply mash up some ripened frozen bananas and combine with flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, chocolate chunks and some plant based milk. If you decide not to use frozen bananas you may need to add more milk because the frozen bananas provide a bit more liquid.
I also love the option of making this into banana bread muffins instead. This is easily done by scooping the batter evenly into a muffin pan with liners and baking for 10 minutes less.
For extra flare also add some sliced banana right on top just before baking.
Let me know what you think about this recipe in the comments section. Also, check out some more delicious treats by visiting the dessert page below!
- 3 Frozen Ripened Bananas
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegan Chocolate Chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium size mixing bowl mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir in oil, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Next slowly add almond milk until a thick batter is formed. Add more milk if required.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chunks to finish off the batter.
- Line a bread pan with some oil and a light dusting of flour to prevent sticking. Pour the batter in evenly and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes. (check on the loaf 30 minutes into baking to check on the progress). The loaf is finished baking once a toothpick can be inserted and then come out clean.
- Lastly, let cool for a minimum of 20 minutes before serving.