Sun-dried Tomato Pasta with Mushrooms
How to Make Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Mushrooms
This Sun-dried Tomato Pasta was inspired by seeing leftover sun-dried tomatoes in my cupboard. Plus, I wanted a dish I could whip up in 30 minutes or less. Given that, I decided on pasta! The sauce is the star of this recipe and it’s so easy to make. To start with, we throw the sun-dried tomatoes into a blender or magic bullet with some garlic, fresh basil and almond milk. By using almond milk the sauce gets nice and creamy. You can certainly use another type of nut milk, providing that it is unsweetened.
Like most of my recipes, have fun and switch it up if you choose. With this in mind, the dish works wonderfully with added sauteed mushrooms. Other additions that work well include spinach, vegan sausage pieces or even green peas.
For even more pasta dishes click the links below:
Afterwards, let me know in the comments section what you think!
- 3 1/2 cups Rotini Pasta
- 1 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes (drained)
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- 4-5 large Cremini Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Oil from Tomato Jar
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 3/4- 1 cup Almond Milk
- Salt to Taste
- Begin by cooking pasta in a large pot according to the directions on the package.
- Wash and dice mushrooms however size you like, however cooking time will differ depending on size.
- Next, heat oil in a small pan on medium-high, either use vegetable oil or the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar (this will emphasize the flavor).
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for approximately 7 minutes until tender. Remove from heat.
- Next, add sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and garlic to a blender or magic bullet and blend until smooth while slowly adding the almond milk.
- Drain and rinse pasta, transfer back into the pot. Add mushrooms and prepared sauce and mix well. If you would like even more creaminess, you can add more almond milk to your preference.
- Finally, garnish with fresh basil before serving.