Tofu Breakfast Sandwich
Try this classic restaurant style Tofu Breakfast Sandwich at home!
Tofu Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
This tofu breakfast sandwich recipe is extremely easy and the tofu has the perfect “egg” texture with a slight crisp to the outside. I love making this on Sundays as a little treat to myself! The recipe has a little bit of wait time by pressing the tofu and the marinating time. Do this ahead of time and put everything together the day of!
Making the Perfect Tofu Egg for your Breakfast Sandwich:
To make a great tofu egg, first press the tofu. Press the tofu in a Tofu Press. Similarily you can wrap it in a few layers of paper towel and put something heavy on top that will help remove all the liquid. Then, wait at least twenty minutes so that the tofu can really soak up the marinade. Once the tofu is pressed, sliced, and dip into the marinade, place in a ziplock bag to marinate for 20 minutes. Finally, cooking to perfection involves searing on medium-low with a non-stick pan or skillet.
For more breakfast recipes click the link below:
- 4-5 English Muffins
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Pinch of Regular of Black Salt
- Vegan Cheese Slices
- Tomato Slices
- Vegan Sausage Patties
- Begin by pressing the tofu for 20 minutes.
- Once most of the liquid is removed slice into 1 1/2 cm thick square patties.
- Next, whisk together marinade ingredients. Dip each piece of tofu (both sides) in the marinade and place it in a zip-lock bag. Add any remaining marinade into the bag. Refrigerate for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan or skillet to medium-low. Place tofu and sear for approximately 5-6 minutes per side.
- Toast English muffins and assemble breakfast sandwichs with any additional ingredients.