Perfect Vegan Omelette
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
I haven’t had an omelette made with eggs for over 8 years! This recipe makes it easy to get eggs out of your diet and replace it with nutrient rich, animal-free foods. Delicious, fluffy and packed with flavor, you will never go back to egg omelettes again. Try it with Black Salt to give it an extra egg- like flavor.
- 1/2 Block Medium-Firm Tofu
- 1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Dash of Black Salt (optional)
- Bell Peppers
- Green Onions
- Finely dice up any filling ingredients to prevent ripping of the omelette when flipping. Set aside.
- In a food processor add tofu, flour, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, turmeric and salt. Blend on low while slowly incorporating the almond milk until smooth (the batter should be smooth not liquid). Transfer into a mixing bowl, add filling ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- In a medium non-stick pan, heat oil on medium heat. Using a ladle, gently pour batter into the pan. Using the bottom of the ladle or a spoon, flatten the batter to create a nice circle.
- Lower the temperature to medium-low, cook for approximately 7 minutes. The omelette is ready to fold once it looks mostly cooked through. Using a large flat spatula, very gently fold the omelette in half and cook for and additional 2 minutes per side. The omelette is done once both sides are lightly browned.
- Serve immediately alongside toast and hash browns.
Note: Cook time all depends on the thickness and size of the omelette, if you find the omelette is taking too long it may be too thick. In this case it can be helpful to cover the pan with a lid to help it cook through before flipping.