Light, creamy and crisp Chickpea Lettuce Wraps. Extremely nutritious and make for a quick and easy lunch option!
This dish was inspired by chickpea tuna, without the tuna flavor. This recipe is crisp, cool and fresh, perfect for a hot summer day! Using lemon and a dash of paprika we get an amazing flavor and by using vegan yogurt and mayo we achieve a wonderfully creamy texture.
Simply place the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork until you reach your desired texture. In a separate bowl mix together the dressing and add it to the chickpea mash. You may wish to eat this right away or you can store it in the refrigerator to eat later. The lemon in this recipe helps to maintain it’s freshness so you can even prepare it the night before and take it for lunch the next day!
This dish has a light feel to but it also keeps you full! The chickpeas are packed with protein and the toppings are endless, I used diced tomato and some sprouts but you can also use whatever you may have in the fridge!
I really hope you enjoyed this recipe, I would love to hear your feedback in the comments section below!
- 1 – 540ml can Chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Unsweetened Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Mayonnaise
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Head Green Leaf Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes (optional)
- Sprouts (optional)
- Drain water from chickpeas, add to a medium size mixing bowl. Using the back of a fork, mash chickpeas to desired texture.
- In a separate small bowl stir together vegan yogurt, mayo, lemon juice and paprika. Add to chickpea mash and stir well.
- Place mixture in the fridge while you wash and prepare lettuce wraps and toppings.
- Assemble and serve immediately.