Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
This smooth Carrot Ginger Soup consists of all healthy ingredients, no oil, or creams just pure vegetables and wholesome flavors. Can be serve hot or cold, depending on the time of year!
The trick to getting this soup super smooth is by running it through a high powered blender, alternatively you can use an immersion blender! If your looking for a chunkier soup you can blend half the volume and transfer it back into the pot and stir.
To make this recipe, simply chop up the vegetables, cook them down in a large pot with some ginger and salt. Add in some water, 1/2 a vegetable bouillon cube and some tomato puree. Let this simmer for about 40 minutes until the carrots are nice and soft, then we finish it off by blending! Easy right?!
Love soup? Check out some of my other soup recipes!
- 5-6 Medium Carrots
- 1 medium Yellow Onion
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger (powdered)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 1/2 Vegetable Bouillon Cube
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- Begin by washing and chopping carrots into coin sized pieces (there is no need to peel the carrots). Dice onion and garlic. Set aside.
- In a large heavy bottom pot add a small amount of water (alternatively you can use oil) , heat on high and add onion, garlic and carrots, lower heat to medium low, add ginger and salt. Continue to cook and stir regularly until the carrots start to soften up (about 10 minutes).
- In a small bowl whisk together the bouillon cube with a small amount of water to break it up. Stir into pot along with tomato puree and water. Bring to a simmer and reduce the temperature to low. Cover with a lid and cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Use a ladle to scoop into the blender, blend on high until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later to serve cold.