A very simple way to cook King Oyster Mushrooms. This recipe makes for some tender, savory and absolutely delicious mushrooms. Perfect on a bed of rice or by itself as a side dish.
You will only need 4 ingredients and a non-stick pan. The finished mushrooms will have a darker color and a beautifully rich flavor. If you choose to serve it with rice, you can have a perfect dinner made in 30 minutes!
They are sliced lengthwise into four strips, they get thinner as they cook so I find this to be the magic number.
This recipe is oil free, by putting a dash of water in the pan, it helps the mushrooms start to release their natural juices to help them cook with the addition of some soy sauce and garlic chili sauce.
- 3-4 King Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Chili Garlic Sauce
- Diced Green Onion
- Soy Sauce or Tamari to taste
- Lightly wipe down mushrooms with a damp cloth, slice lengthwise into four thin strips.
- Heat water on a non stick pan on medium high, add mushrooms. Let cook for 1 minute and lower the heat to medium low. Stir in soy sauce and chili garlic sauce, continue to cook the mushrooms 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and serve on a bed of rice drizzled with more soy sauce to taste.