The EASIEST and most DELICIOUS Vegan Coffee Cake Recipe! Moist, sweet and the perfect amount of crunchy bits! Perfect for celebrations or when you just want some coffee cake!
This cake is on the healthier side of traditional coffee cakes by not using mounds of butter, this makes it a bit more dense yet still fluffy and moist. Sweetened with maple syrup and banana with layers of delicious brown sugar and cinnamon strudel.
This cake can be served with no frosting or a light drizzle. This is done by mixing some vegan powdered sugar with some nut milk and lightly pouring it on top while the cake is still slightly warm.
Is it a tricky recipe?
No! You probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry. There is nothing fancy or difficult going on here, we use a simple cake batter and for the layers all we do is pour a little batter in the pan and then sprinkle some brown sugar and cinnamon and then repeat. We finish the cake off with a final dusting for a crunchy top!
I enjoy this cake best when it is still a bit warm, but it’s equally delicious at room temperature.
Looking for more dessert recipes? Click here
And of course, let me know in the comments what you think!
- 1 1/4 cup Almond or Soy Milk
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cups Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 ripe Banana
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
For the layers:
- 3/4 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Vegan Powdered Sugar
- Almond or Soy Milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl add almond milk and apple cider vinegar, give it a quick stir and let set for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl mash banana together with coconut oil (liquid form). Add this to dry ingredients along with the almond milk mixture, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir well until a batter is formed. The consistency should be that of a thick pancake batter. Add more almond milk if needed.
- Line an 8 inch round Springform pan with some oil and a light dust of flour to prevent sticking.
- Pour 1/3 of the cake batter into the pan and then sprinkle with some of the brown sugar and cinnamon, repeating two more times, finishing the top of the cake with with the final layer of brown sugar and cinnamon for a nice crunchy top.
- Place in the oven for 35- 45 minutes. The cake will be done once you can insert a long toothpick and it come out clean.
- Let cool for 20 minutes and drizzle with some icing (optional). To make the icing, simply mix together vegan powdered sugar with a small amount of almond milk until your desired consistency and amount is achieved. Use a spoon to drizzle on top of the cake.
- Serve with a hot cup of coffee!