Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pillowy and thick, Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies. Ultra soft on the inside with a perfect little crunch on the outside. It’s like biting into a cookie from the clouds. Trust me when I say, you need to make these!
Most decadent cookie recipes call for heaping scoops of butter and sugar. You will be happy to know that these cookies are substantially healthier. Made with simple ingredients, including almond flour and apple sauce which is what makes them so amazingly soft.
All you will need is one mixing bowl, a spatula, and a baking sheet. They take 30 minutes or less to whip up, so you can have a nice healthy treat in no time.
How to Make these Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe uses almond flour, which is essentially finely ground almonds. The texture is very different from an all-purpose flour or wheat flour. It usually has a yellowish color to it and a thicker, grainier texture. It is more expensive than regular flours because almonds themselves are expensive. That being said it’s so worth it for the health benefits and unique flavors.
You can buy it at bulk food stores or in the natural section of the grocery store. Any leftovers should be stored in the fridge as you would nuts to prevent them from spoiling.
Altogether, this recipe has only 7-ingredients. Almond flour (as mentioned above), apple sauce, cane sugar, baking soda, vanilla, some salt and vegan chocolate chips. Simply mix the dry ingredients in first then fold in the wet until fully combined. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and spread out evenly on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Tip: For a more polished look, I pop a few extra chocolate chips on top before putting them in the oven (this is completely optional and more for aesthetics- but also… who doesn’t love more chocolate chips?)
Storage: These cookies store well for a few days in a container with a lid. Make sure they are completely cooled before doing this.
Are you looking for even more vegan desserts? If so, Click Here!
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I loved creating them! Please let me know what you think in the comments section below. Please be sure to also follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for updates on my latest recipes!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesStunningly Plant Based
- 2 3/4 cups Almond Flour or other nut flour
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add vanilla, apple sauce and chocolate chips. Mix until a sticky batter is formed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using your hands, make 1 1/2 inch round balls with the dough and place them on the baking sheet one inch apart.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies begin to turn slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before consuming.