If you are like me, you love a perfectly thick and creamy cream cheese. This recipe I am sharing with you today combines the perfect texture with tons of exciting herb and garlic flavors coming from roasted garlic, Herbs De Provence and chives!
I have been trying to recreate the satisfying feeling of biting into the perfect cream cheese and this recipe definitely did it for me! It’s perfect for spreading on top of a toasted bagel or crackers.
A lot of people think that making a vegan cream cheese would be extremely complicated, when in fact it is EXTREMELY EASY. This one is in rotation in my house every week as I’m sure it will be in yours!
You can avoid those strange tasting store bought vegan cream cheeses and swap it for this fresh and delectable homemade version that is easy to prepare and better for your wallet. This recipe makes enough for six servings. Any excess stores very well in the fridge in a Tupperware container.
The only tool you will need for this recipe is a high-speed blender, alternatively you can use a food processor. I like to use a blender for a more creamy cheese.
Many vegan cream cheese recipes call for either cashews or tofu as the base. I combined the two because I find the texture combinations pair perfectly together.
This super easy gourmet cream cheese will change your life!
Please let me know in the comments section what you think. I love your feedback!
- 1 cup Soaked Cashews, drained
- 1/2 block Firm Tofu, drained
- 3 cloves Roasted Garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons Nut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Herbs De Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 handful chopped Chives
- Soak cashews overnight or minimum 4 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 400’F
- Place garlic cloves onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes (every oven and clove is different so check on them regularly) They should be soft but not burnt.
- Remove the skin and place in a high-speed blender with drained cashews and tofu. Pulse until nicely broken down, add nut milk, lemon juice, Herbs De Provence, onion powder, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer into a bowl and fold in chives.
- Serve on your favorite toasted bagel or crackers.