Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese (Vegan)
The perfect Vegan Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese, combining classic comfort while being completely dairy free! Make this cream cheese at home on the regular, great for kids and breakfast on the go.
Why you should love this Vegan Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese
If you are like me, you love a perfectly thick and creamy vegan herb and garlic cream cheese. The recipe combines the perfect textures with tons of exciting herb and garlic flavors coming from roasted garlic, Herbs De Provence, and chives!
I have been trying to re-create the satisfying feeling of biting into the perfect cream cheese and this recipe definitely did it for me! It’s perfect for spreading on a toasted bagel or crackers.
A lot of people think that making a vegan cream cheese would be extremely complicated, when in fact it is EXTREMELY EASY. This one is in rotation in my house every week as I’m sure it will be in yours!
You can avoid those strange tasting store bought vegan cream cheeses and swap it for this fresh and delectable homemade version that is easy to prepare and better for your wallet. This recipe makes enough for six servings. Any excess stores very well in the fridge in a Tupperware container.
The only tool you will need for this recipe is a high-speed blender, you can also use a food processor. I like to use a blender for a more creamy cheese.
Many vegan cream cheese recipes call for either cashews or tofu as the base. I decided to do a combination of the two because I find the textures pair perfectly together.
Are you looking for even more Breakfast Recipes? If so, Click Here!
I love your feedback, so please let me know in the comments section what you thought!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese
- High-Speed Blender
- 1 cup Raw Cashews Soaked
- 1/2 block Firm Tofu Drained
- 3 cloves Garlic Roasted
- 2-3 tbsp Plant Milk
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Herbs du Provence
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 handful Chives Diced
- Soak cashews overnight or a minimum 4 hours
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees, place garlic cloves on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes (checking regularly as not to burn)
- Remove from the oven and let cool before removing the skin. Place in a high speed blender with drained cashews and tofu. Pulse until nicely broken down. Add plant milk, lemon juice and spices. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl, fold in the diced chives.
- Serve on your favorite toasted bagel or crackers.