Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
This Vegan Coconut Curry is an easy one. Ready in 20 minutes or less. It’s creamy, comforting and the perfect weekday meal. This dish is extremely flavorful without being too powerful for people who are not a fan of eye watering curries.
Made using only one saucepan and a separate pot to boil the noodles, making for a quick clean up.
The main feature ingredients in this recipe are Yellow Curry Paste and Chili Garlic Sauce. If you don’t already have these ingredients they are a staple in most grocery stores and are very versatile for many dishes. The touch of sweetness comes from agave nectar, the heat from the chili sauce and the savory from the soy sauce. The added dash of lime to top it all off creates the perfect balance of all these flavors.
As with many curry dishes you can adjust the heat to your preference. As mentioned earlier this is a mild recipe, so if you would like some additional heat play around with adding more curry paste and chili sauce. Additionally, you can use plain rice instead of rice noodles.
- Restaurant Worthy
Yellow Thai Curry Paste: This can be found in most Asian sections of the grocery store. I used the Thai Kitchen brand for this recipe as it is vegan- not all are.
Gluten-Free: Make it gluten-free by using tamari instead of soy sauce.
Customize It: If you are not a fan of rice noodles or want to switch it up this recipe can include regular rice instead and sauteed vegetables to make a fabulous stir-fry!
If you like this recipe please let me know in the comments! I love your feedback.
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 crushed Garlic Cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Curry Paste
- 1 398ml can Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Agave
- 250g Rice Noodles
- Lime and Cilantro to top (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium heat, add garlic and onion powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, agave, soy sauce, and chili sauce and whisk well. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Bring a medium size pot of water to a boil and add rice noodles, cook according to the package instructions.
- Strain and rinse rice noodles with cold water, stir into sauce mixture.
- Serve topped with lime juice and cilantro. (optional)