Chocolate Date Bars
Makes 8 Bars
These Gluten-Free Chocolate Date Bars are a very simple and healthy treat that you are going to want to keep on hand. They fix that chocolate craving without all the guilt. For this recipe you are going to need a food processor, your favorite nuts, dates, cocoa powder, vanilla, vegan chocolate chips, water and an 8×8 dish. It’s as easy as pulsing the ingredients, mixing them all up and topping with melted chocolate! (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Minimal Sugar)
Here we go!
- 2 1/2 cups Unsalted Peanuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 12 Soaked and Pitted Dates
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup room temperature Water
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Almond Silvers to top (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse nuts until a semi-fine meal is formed (you want some texture to the bars so don’t make the meal too fine), transfer into a mixing bowl and whisk together with cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Submerge dates in boiling water and let sit for 10 minutes, strain and remove pits. Place prepared dates in a food processor with vanilla and slowly add water as you blend until a smooth creamy paste is formed. Transfer into the peanut mixture and fold together until batter is well combined (if batter is too dry add more water).
- Line an 8×8 dish with parchment paper, add batter and distribute evenly. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt vegan chocolate chips on the stove by placing a small amount of water into a pot with your bowl of chocolate chips (preferably in a stainless steel mixing bowl) resting on top. Bring the water to a simmer and continuously stir chocolate chips as they melt.
- Remove batter from the freezer and evenly distribute chocolate over top. Top with almond slivers and place back in the freezer for another ten minutes before cutting into bars. When cutting out the bars it is helpful to use a knife that has been sitting in hot water so it easily cuts through the hardened chocolate on top.
- Store in the refrigerator.