When you are craving a creamy pasta, this recipe is the one to go to. It’s quick, it’s easy and it will satisfy that craving. The nutritional yeast gives it that cheesy flavor, while the cashews and sweet potato make it wonderfully creamy.
Simply soak your cashews the night before so that all you have to do the next day is cook the sweet potato and throw all the ingredients into the blender. Add it to some cooked whole wheat spaghetti noodles and Voila! If you are feeling extra adventurous you can also saute some mushrooms and kale to add to this dish- it pairs wonderfully.
- 1 cup Soaked Cashews
- 1/2 cup mashed Sweet Potato
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup Almond Milk or other Nut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 350g Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- Soak cashews over night or for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Cut a small sweet potato into cubes, boil until soft, mash and measure out half a cup. Place into a high speed blender with soaked cashews (make sure to drain the water), nutritional yeast, lemon juice, Dijon, turmeric and salt.
- Slowly add nut milk while blending on high speed until a smooth creamy texture is achieved. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to instructions. Strain and rinse with cold water. Place back into the pot and stir in vegan cheese sauce.
- Serve immediately.