Extremely Cheesy Vegan Pasta
This Creamy Vegan Pasta recipe is the best I have made to date. Above all, this dish is very versatile, a variety of different noodles can be used while still being absolutely delicious.
Make this dish into a delicious vegan mac and cheese by using macaroni noodles. After that, place in a baking dish, top with bread crumbs and place in the oven on broil until the top is nice and crispy!
How to make this Extremely Cheesy Vegan Pasta
I honestly believe that the best vegan cheesy pasta sauces need to be made with cashews. To make this sauce simply soak raw cashews for a minimum of 4 hours. Blend together with some boiled sweet potatoes, nutritional yeast Dijon mustard, lemon juice, turmeric, salt and almond milk. Finally, drizzle onto your favorite cooked pasta and give it a good stir!
Please let me know in the comments section what you think!
Want more pasta recipes? Click here
- 1 cup Soaked Cashews
- 1/2 cup mashed Sweet Potato
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup Almond Milk or other Nut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 350g Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- Soak cashews over night or for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Cut a small sweet potato into cubes, boil until soft, mash and measure out half a cup. Place into a high speed blender with soaked cashews (make sure to drain the water), nutritional yeast, lemon juice, Dijon, turmeric and salt.
- Slowly add nut milk while blending on high speed until a smooth creamy texture is achieved. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to instructions. Strain and rinse with cold water. Place back into the pot and stir in vegan cheese sauce.
- Serve immediately.