Makes 12 Brownies
When I think of the ultimate brownie, I think of a rich chocolaty flavor, slightly crisp outer layer and a soft fudgy inside.
The secret to making these brownies fudgy is by using mashed sweet potato and almond butter. The taste of the sweet potato is completely masked by the chocolaty flavors. Everyone who samples these brownies are shocked when I tell them the ingredients.
Not only are these brownies a healthier option but they are also extremely simple to make. Only two bowls are needed, an 8×8 baking dish and a few simple ingredients. They also have an oil-free option.
Lets get started!
- 1/2 cup Mashed Sweet Potato
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup room temperature Almond Butter
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips (exclude for oil-free option)
- Pre-heat oven to 350′
- Cut a small sweet potato into cubes and boil until tender, drain water and mash. Measure out 1/2 cup and set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together cocoa powder, cane sugar, baking powder, and almond meal.
- In a separate bowl stir together mashed sweet potato, almond butter, vanilla, and maple syrup. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Fold in vegan chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly into an 8x8x2 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. When sticking a toothpick into the brownies you want it to come out with a small amount of batter for moist brownies.
- Let cool for a minimum of 15 minutes before serving.