Hazelnut Chocolate Vegan Cheese Cake
No Bake and Gluten- Free
This vegan cheesecake is creamy perfection. Naturally sweetened with hints of hazelnut and coffee, made with soaked cashews and coconut cream. If you are looking for a delicious dessert that keeps health in mind than this is the way to go!
Soaking the cashews helps them get incredibly soft and creamy. Ideally you want to soak them for 8 hours or overnight. Pairing this with chocolate and coconut cream makes the cheesecake filling we all know and love. The hazelnut crust pairs perfectly with the chocolate and the hints of coffee in the filling. Top this cheese cake with a vegan vanilla ice cream and you have one incredible dessert!
What you will need:
- Food Processor
- High-speed blender
- 8 inch Spring-form Pan
- 2 cups Hazelnuts
- 4 tablespoons Almond Butter
- 2 cups Raw Cashews
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Cold Brewed Coffee
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Soak cashews over night or 8 hours minimum
- Place hazelnuts into food processor and pulse until a hazelnut meal is formed, add almond butter and pulse again until meal becomes slightly sticky. Press this mixture into the bottom of an 8 inch spring-form pan using the bottom of a flat glass. Set aside.
- Strain water from soaked cashews and place into a high-speed blender. Add coconut cream (by placing a can of coconut milk in the fridge for a couple hours the cream will float to the top, scoop this out-do not include the water), coffee, vanilla, cocoa powder and maple syrup. Blend until very smooth.
- Pour filling mixture on top of the crust and spread evenly.
- Place cheesecake into the freezer until completely solid (either overnight or for a few hours) When ready to consume remove from the freezer for a couple hours until it has thawed. Once thawed the cheesecake should be a soft moussy texture.
- Serve topped with hazelnuts and vegan ice cream!