Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
The easiest and creamiest pasta made in 15 minutes flat!
Using only one large pot and a food processor, you can make one flavorful, epic pasta that everyone will love.
I make this dish regularly because it’s quick and it keeps well, meaning I make it my lunch or dinner for the next day. This is also a fantastic dish that you can bring to family gatherings or potlucks because it’s a crowd pleaser.
This dish involves three quick steps. Cooking the pasta according to the directions on the box, throwing garlic, basil, lemon, oil, avocado, pine nuts and salt into a food processor and then giving it a quick blend to make a creamy sauce that gets stirred into the cooked pasta. I also like to top mine with hemp seeds for the extra nutrition and nutty texture.
- 450g Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Hemp Seeds (optional)
- Cook penne pasta according to instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking add basil, pine nuts and garlic to a food processor and give it a couple pulses to break up the garlic and nuts nicely before adding in the oil, avocado, lemon juice and salt. Blend until a creamy sauce is formed.
- Strain cooked pasta and transfer back into the pot, add the sauce and combine.
- Serve immediately and garnish with hemp seeds (optional)
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments section. If you loved it ensure to follow me on my Facebook and Instagram page for more great recipes!