Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 6 large Portabello Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cubed Acorn Squash
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 medium Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2/3 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil (optional)
- 1 cubed avocado
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Vegan Parmesan (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400′
- Begin by peeling the acorn squash. The easiest way is by cutting off both ends and using a sharp knife to peel away the skin. Remove the seeds and cut squash into small cubes. Set aside.
- Dice onion, red pepper and garlic. Set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to instructions, while you are waiting for the quinoa to cook, in a medium size pan add vegetable oil and begin to saute onion, garlic and red pepper on medium heat. Cook until soft.
- Lower the temperate, add corn and black beans. In a small bowl whisk together spices with 1/4 cup warm water, add it to the pan as a sauce. Mix well and continue to cook on low for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine bean mixture to cooked quinoa. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and place on a non-stick baking sheet, bottoms facing up. Stuff with filling and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until mushrooms are cooked and juicy.
- Remove from the oven and top with avocado cubes, vegan Parmesan and a sprinkle of lemon juice.