Zucchini Taco Shells
- 3-4 small Zucchini
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Flax egg
- 1 1/4 cup Arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Vegan Parmesan (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350′
- Grate the zucchini into a shredded style, transfer onto a dishcloth and roll up to get rid of some excess liquid.
- Transfer zucchini into a medium size mixing bowl, add arrowroot flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, flax egg and Vegan Parmesan. Stir well, using your hands works best to incorporate everything. You want to be able to form a type of dough ball, if your mixture is too dry than add small amounts of water, if too wet add some more flour.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, make 1 1/2 inch round balls of dough in your palm, place them on the parchment paper and spread out the dough with your fingers into a thickness of approximately 1/2 a centimeter.
- Place in the oven on the center rack and bake for 30-40 mins until the bottoms begin to brown and the dough is cooked.
- Consume immediately after cooking.
Tips: if you choose to not include the Vegan Parmesan you will have to adjust the water to flour ratio, add small amounts at a time until dough is formed.