This soup is wonderfully hearty, fresh and full of nutrients. Flavored with onion fresh ginger and garlic with a touch of soy sauce. This soup uses simple ingredients and can be made in 30 mins. It makes enough for 6 people and keeps well if you don’t eat it all in one night. Fantastic for dinners and to pack in your thermos for your work lunch the next day! The recipe is versatile and can be made with whatever noodles you have in the cupboard and vegetables you have in the fridge.
- 1/2 Diced Yellow Onion
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 inch stick of Fresh Ginger Diced
- 2-3 cloves of Minced Garlic
- 1 cup sliced Brown Mushrooms
- 3 stalks of Bok Choy Chopped
- 1 large Sweet Potato Cubed
- 6 cups Water
- 1/2 package of Soba Noodles
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Miso (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large pot heat oil and add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 3-4 mins or until the onion becomes translucent. Add water and bring to a boil. Add sweet potato and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook Noodles according to instructions on the package, rinse with cool water and set aside.
- Let potatoes cook in the broth until soft, stir in mushrooms, miso (optional) and soy sauce and let simmer for another few minutes. ( Add Miso first and adjust the amount of soy sauce based on your taste- Miso is already quite salty) Add Bok Choy and cook until softened and vibrant green.
- Add Cooked noodles, stir to combine.