Saucy Tofu Pita
- 1 Block of Extra Firm Tofu
- BBQ Sauce of Choice
- Fresh Kale
- Micro Greens
- Vegan mayo
- Wrap tofu in a few layers of paper towel and place on a cutting board with a heavy item on top to press out the excess liquid- another cutting board works well. Leave for at least an hour.
- Pre- heat oven to 400′
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes
- Place tofu onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook on the middle rack for 30 mins until a nice golden brown, flip halfway through.
- Wash and prepare kale, sprouts and micro greens.
- Once the tofu is nice and crispy toss with a small amount of your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Heat a frying pan to medium- high and fry tofu for a couple minutes on each side for extra crisp.
- Place finished tofu in a bowl and toss in some more of your favorite BBQ sauce and set aside.
- Cut pitas in half, add mayo, sprouts, kale, micro greens and top with your BBQ tofu.