Roasted Pepper and Potato Soup
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 4 Gloves of Garlic
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 6 fresh Stems of Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups of finely cut Yellow Potatoes
- 4 tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 1 can of peas
- 5 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 450′
- Cut orange pepper and onion into large pieces and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Remove skin from garlic cloves and place them on the same baking sheet, top with rosemary. Drizzle with vegetable oil and place in the oven for 20 mins.
- In a large pot add water and bring to a boil, add bouillon cubes and whisk thoroughly to fully dissolve the cubes. Add tomato paste and continue to whisk until combined. Add potato cubes and continue to boil for 5 mins then reduce to a simmer.
- Once the vegetables are done roasting, transfer into a blender or food processor and pulse until creamy. Add this puree to the pot and stir thoroughly.
- Strain peas and add to pot, cover with a lid and and reduce to low and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and top with fresh Rosemary (optional)