Best Ever Vegan Cinnamon Buns
For the Buns:
- 4 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 pack Instant Yeast
- 4 1/2 tbsp Cane Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 3/4 Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Butter
For the Filling:
- 1/3 cup of Non- Dairy Butter
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cups Brown Sugar
For the Icing:
- 2 cups Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Non- Dairy Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Non- Dairy Milk
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients for the buns including the yeast, run these ingredients through a sifter to remove any clumps.
- In a pot on the stove or in the microwave melt Non-Dairy Milk and Butter. Once melted let sit to cool until warm not hot. If the mixture is too hot when you add it to the dry ingredients it will kill the yeast and the dough wont rise.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and knead it until dough is formed, add more Non-Dairy Milk or Flour if needed until the dough is sticky but not too sticky that you cant form it into a ball.
- Place the formed dough ball into a mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap or cloth. Put into a warm place for 1 hour- the dough should rise to double the size. If you don’t know of a warm place to put the dough you can pre-heat the oven for a couple minutes and then it turn off.
- Once the dough has risen give it a punch to deflate. On a clean dry surface spread out a small amount of flour and roll out the dough into a large rectangular shape with a rolling pin.
- In a saucepan or microwave combine all ingredients for the filling until the butter has melted and the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together. Spread the mixture evenly over the dough.
- Tightly roll the dough into a tube like shape, carefully cut the roll into 12 even individual rolls. A large serrated knife works best.
- Coat a large baking dish with some oil to prevent the rolls from sticking and place the individual rolls spiral side up.
- Cover again and let rise in a warm place for another hour.
- Brush on some additional melted butter to the tops and sides of the rolls and place in the oven (uncovered) at 350′ for 25 minutes.
- For the icing, add softened butter, vanilla and icing sugar to a medium size mixing bowl and beat together while slowly adding Non-Dairy Milk. Add more icing sugar and Non-Dairy Milk until the icing is at your desired thickness.
- Remove cinnamon buns from the oven and let cool before drizzling on your icing.